Ok was definitely time for a new taberet, I had well and truly outgrown my ol' work horse, so I set about looking for one. After spending countless hours searching the net, I decided to hit Ikea and see if I could make something from their range of drawers and shelves.
New taboret !!! YAY !
IKEA... what a nightmare! ... after much rigmarole, ado, two 1 hour long trips to the store, measuring, futile efforts to find staff, getting lost, eating Swedish meatballs and drinking some unidentifiable tasting liquid, I chose my components! 2 sets of drawers and one set of adjoining shelves, and attached to the back a drop leaf table that so I can increase the work surface area.
Thankfully I have an amazingly and clever husband who managed to make sense of the inadequate instructions and put it together without having any left over screws or bits and pieces.
Stay tuned for next fortnights studio update.
OK so I thought it would be fun to start an art blog!
So I guess I will start by showing you where the action/magic happens, it all happens here at my studio. It's a 100 year old restored horse stable and the back of my house.
As you can see my gorgeous, very handy husband and number one fan did an amazing job of restoring it .
Next week I will show you the inside and talk a little bit about my set up.